Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Focusing on the Good

So every year I make a very poor attempt at setting and achieving some kind of New Year's resolution.  Can any one relate?  Its something about loosing weight, or blogging more, or something else along those lines.  This year I wanted to go deeper.  I wanted to do something that would make a difference not only in my life, but in the lives of my family and those around me.

This is actually something I've been thinking about for a while now.  I just decided to make it official with the new year and all.  If I say it out loud and blog about it and it would have more substance to it, right?  So, what is it?  I guess first I should probably explain the opposite so you can understand a little more.

Since my husband and I have started questioning why we do things, we have uncovered a lot of, for lack of a better word, yucky things. I won't go into it too much, but if you have been a facebook friend of mine, or you have know me a long time you may already be aware of this habit of mine.  I guess you could call it spreading the bad news.  Telling people what is bad for them, or what they should stop doing, or who is lying to them, etc, etc, etc.  Now I do think lies need to be exposed, but when you hear the bad news before the good its just so depressing.

So, as you've read in the title of this blog post I am going to spread the good news!  I want to tell people how awesome you feel when you eat more living foods, or how peaceful and beautiful a home birth can be if you are low risk,  or how liberating it can be for you and your children to let go of cultural norms and do what feels right.  


This is bigger than just stuff I share on facebook and talk about to other people.  I want to focus on the good in all aspects of my life.  I'm going to focus on my good qualities and other good qualities that I want to achieve.  I'm going to focus on the good in my children rather than the things I don't like.  I'm going to focus on the good qualities in my husband rather than focus on what I wish he had or did.  I'm going to focus on the good in my friends and family, and in humanity in general.  It is my belief that if I focus on the good, after awhile that is all I will see.  I already believe in the good in humanity, and I want to help others awaken to their own good and to see the good in others as well.  I believe in a peaceful world.  Not only is it probable, but it is very possible, and it starts when we decide!

So that is my goal.  I'm not perfect, and that's okay.  I will focus on the good and the bad will just fade away, at least to me anyway. ;)(Hey, that totally rhymed!) 

Happy living!

1 comment:

  1. This is a fantastic idea, and something that most of us skeptics could improve on I think.

    ReplyDelete