Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Building Memories

We had a little fort building episode last night that was super fun for all of us.  I remember building forts when I was little, but my parents were never involved. I wanted to post this because I think all too often we, as parents, tend to want to do our own thing and hope that the kids will just entertain themselves.  Right?  I know I feel that way sometimes.  We forget that our children think we are the coolest people in the world want to hang out with us!  What a compliment!  I am pretty excited that when our kids look back on their childhood they will include us in their fun memories! 


Just a little rearranging of the furniture and you have a fort complete with tunnels and two chambers.


Sage had a good time crawling through.


The entrance to the big chamber.

After all the fort fun we pushed the couches together to make a tented sleeping area and everyone conked out while watching tv together.

We had so much fun!  All this took was a few sheets, some imagination, and a little furniture rearranging.  I think Aaron and I had just as much fun as the kids. These are the kind of nights that I will think about when they are all grown up and moved out.


No comments:

Post a Comment