Friday, August 28, 2009

update

Aaron and I meet at the work site on days that I build and we trade cars and he takes the kids. So what happens is I put the camera in the diaper bag and forget to take it out before Aaron leaves. I promise I will have posted new pictures of our house on Saturday!
Anywho, I just wanted to update everyone on the progress. I know I said we started last Friday, but that wasn't really true. Our lumber was delivered last Friday, but until yesterday it was just sitting there looking pretty. Last night I went over there with the help of the Frasers and Monica and we all worked on green plate, porch cap, and rim. We finished the green plate and rim in about 3 hours! It was awesome! It went super fast! We had an awesome assembly line of laying out boards, marking, drilling, cutting, putting the washers and bolts on, and drilling them down that it flew! Then we did rim without running out! It was pretty sweet. I'm not sure if our house plan is a lot easier than the rest because it has a small porch and is mostly square, or if I have just gotten really good at building, but everything went without a hitch. I didn't even have to call our supervisor for help! I think that might be a first for me.
So today Aaron will be working with the Prathers to build the load bearing wall in the basement and then they will layout the joist play, and maybe even start laying out joists! Monica's house is almost ready for trusses too! It seems like that went really fast considering we started last Saturday. It just needs sheeting and double top plate on the garage walls. Hopefully by next Saturday we will be doing trusses for our place!
That's it for now. Check back on Saturday night for pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment